Sushi! One of my very favorites. Super easy to make, but like the spring rolls, it’s a bit time consuming.
Only a few ingredients and you’ll have a yummy, vegan meal.
These are hand rolls, to show you what they will look like if you don’t roll with with a bamboo mat. You don’t need any new equipment to make these, you can even make them with the rice on the outside. I think these are just as tight as with the bamboo, but are a little harder to get super tight on the edges. If you want to give these a try before buying a mat it’s a great idea!//Ingredients
- 1 cup dry sushi rice (you need sushi rice)
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs Sugar
- 1 tps Salt
- 1 Mango
- 1 Avocado
- 3 sheets Nori
- Sesame seeds
- Cook rice according to package. Don’t forget to soak the rice!
- Once rice is done cooking and still warm, add in rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Stir together and let rice come to room temp.
- While rice is cooling, cut avocado and mango.
- Place nori, shiny side down, and press a layer of rice on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and make a layer of avocado and mango.
- Roll nori and press around avocado and mango to seal, then roll the rest of the applying constant pressure.
- Dip knife in water, slice, dip knife in water, slice, repeat
That’s it! Tag me in your sushi creations!