This spider costume is super easy, albeit messy and a bit time consuming, to make. Here are some simple instructions on how to make this easy and cheap costume.
// What you will need
- black sweat pants
- black zip up sweater (zip up so you can take it off in carseats
- black hat
- googly eyes
- colored boa
- 2 pairs black tights
- fishing wire
- hot glue gun
// How to
- The hat is super self explanatory, just hot glue the googly eyes to the hat
- to make the additional “legs” we cut the legs off of the tights and stuffed the black tights with pillow fluff. Sew two legs on each side under the arms on the jacket.
- for the arms and leg fluffies we trimmed down the feathers first then cut and hot glued them around all the sleeves/arms/legs. this was super messy. we had to vacuum the air to get the feathers.
- String fishing wire from the sleeve then the first arm, then back up the first arm then back down. Repeat with remaining arms. This keeps the middle arm from sliding down to the bottom of the fishing line.
That’s it! It’s super simple and makes an adorable and cheap costume.