One of my most favorite meals to make. They are so easy and healthy and the kids love them as much as I do. Which is rare and a huge plus.
I like to roast the red pepper, just because I love that smoky flavor, but if you’re wanting a raw roll then just cut it up along with the other veggies.
Sometimes I like to add some romaine lettuce to the outside but I didn’t have any and it’s not a necessity. If you do want to use it then just lay it on top of the rice paper before you add the veggies.
I love a spicy, garlic, peanut sauce but if you don’t want the spice then just skip the sriracha.
These are vegan, gluten-free and easily made raw.
- Bell pepper
- Vermicelli or maifun noodles (I used maifun but prefer vermicelli)
- Rice paper
- Water for rice paper
- Peanut butter
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 1 tbs soya sauce
- 1 tbs hoisin
- 1 tps sesame oil
- 1 tbs ginger, minced
- sriracha to taste
- Water for sauce
- Cook noodles according to package
- Roast bell pepper on stove until blistered
- Cut up veggies into three inch strips
- Soak one rice paper at a time for 15-20 seconds (most packages say 5, this is not enough. you want it very soft and pliable)
- Lay noodles on rice paper. Layer veggies on top.
- Fold in both edges and roll up.
- Cut in half or leave full.
- Mix together peanut butter-water for sauce in a separate bowl.
Vegan sushi coming tomorrow!